Wisconsin Badgers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On a dock or pier on the river-

I stood there, fishing pole in hand, toying with the gooey worm I had taken out of the cold Styrofoam container. It squirmed as I started to spear it with the hook. After quite some trouble, I had baited my hook and was ready to cast. "You getting it okay?" my cousin asked, not taking his eyes off his own bobber. "Yeah," I replied. I shuffled over next to my cousin and cast into the crystal clear water. Fishing was something I liked. I love the sense of accomplishment after catching a fish. It just feels so good to yank your line out of the water and see a squirming little fish on the end of it. But, fishing also has its disadvantages. Your hands end up all gross from touching the worms and fish. Yet,  I still find it calming to sit on the pier and let your feet lightly skim the water. I felt a cool breeze brush up against me and it gave me chills up my spine. All of a sudden, my bobber starts to jiggle a bit, and then plummets under the water like a rock. I give my line a yank, and start to reel in fast. Soon  I see a little fin come above the water, next thing I know I'm sitting there with I flopping fish on the end of my line. My 7th fish! I was having a pretty lucky day.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Monica. I liked "crystal clear water, gooey worm,squirming little fish".

    ReplyDelete