Wisconsin Badgers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Forest

I trample through the woodland area, trying to find a premiere location for my fort. I also kept a sharp eye out for fallen down trees and branches  that I could use. I stumbled up upon a chicken-wire fence. I tried to think of a use for it, I could make a wall, or a ceiling with it, maybe even tie some logs together. I dug in my pocket for my switchblade knife. I brought it out and opened up the wire cutters. Slowly, I snapped links of the fence until finally I had broken a fair-sized piece off. I strapped it to my backpack, and kept walking. Soon enough I came to a tree. It was slumped over, with  a few braches reaching for the ground. I gather up some sticks and my chicken wire, and started to make my hideout. Soon I had built a wall across the front ant I piled up some leaves that I could sleep on. I was so exhausted that I curled up on my pile, and slept.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the use of the words of trampled and when you described how the branches reached for the ground.
    Just a question, why were you building a fort? Just to play in it in your free time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have a woods in my backyard, and I often enjoy building forts I can play around in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you told step by step what you did. I think you described things pretty well with words like "Premier, sharp eye out, trampled, woodland area, and slumped over." I also liked the way it ended with you goind to sleep.

    ReplyDelete