Wisconsin Badgers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Easter

Every year it is a tradition that my mom's side of the family goes hiking at Devils Lake. It is a fun time hanging out with cousins that we rarely see. Usually we hike up the mountain and find a nice spot to stop and have a picnic. Every family brings something to contribute. My grandparents usually make sandwiches, my cousins bring hard-boiled eggs, we bring snacks, and so on. We have a tasty picnic and then hike down the mountain again. Sometimes, the girls walk back to the car, while  us boys climb up the side of the mountain. We usually end up at the top, and then just take the path down. Eventually, we meet the girls back at the car. We always have an outstanding Easter at Devils Lake.

P.S.-The side of the mountain only gets as steep as 45°

2 comments:

  1. First off, I think it's way cool for you to share this family memory, and tradition. Secondly, I am a bit jealous! It sounds like an awesome time, and you are truly a lucky young man to be surrounded by such a loving family. As a piece of writing, I would say that you need to develop the composition with a real introduction, paragraph and organize a body, and end with a real conclusion. By doing so, you will end up with a more fully developed piece that is much stronger. Don't slip into the habit of cutting and pasting from your journal to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked it. I could actually picture what you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete