Wisconsin Badgers

Monday, April 11, 2011

Total Randomness

Author's Note: I know what you're thinking. "Where in the world did he come up with that?" But I have an explanation. Recently, we did a group writing piece where the people next to you influence your writing and help you decide what direction that you take it in. It may sound simple, but it makes your story pretty random. Anyway, Enjoy!


I am driving across a bridge, toward a country you have never visited before. On the other side of the bridge, I can barely make out what seems to be a series of homes that look to be abandoned, for there is no one in sight. There is a train station with a steaming locomotive parked on the track.  All of a sudden, a big llama appears in my passenger seat. "What the heck?!" I yell.
"Hi, I'm George, welcome to Llamaland!" he says.
"What? I thought this was magic beanstalk land!"
"No, this is Llamaland, magic bean land is back in the other direction. Now that you're across the border, you can't turn back."
Then, he snapped his fingers, and he turned into an antelope.
"I don't care what animal you are, just get me out of here." I said. He kept snapping his fingers and changing. What type of animal are you? I asked.
"I'm an antelpoewhalebunnydogchickenllama. I can switch between animals. Would you like to see the whale?"
"No, just bounce out of my car already, unless if you can get me to magic bean land."
"Okay, looks like I'm leaving!"
"Ok, good!"
With that he opened the door, and jumped off of the bridge. He fell, and fell, and fell, until finally I heard a splash. All of a sudden, it started raining corn. I turned on my windshield wipers, but the sun-roof wouldn't close. My car was rapidly filling up with corn, and there was nothing I could do about it. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. I realized that I didn't seem to be getting any closer to the other side of the bridge. I realized that I was stuck forever, and that I would have to survive soul-ly on corn.  Then, I remembered a commercial I had seen on TV, I started singing, "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!" then, my agent appeared in the back of my car. It really worked! I was expecting some decapatated bear or something to show up, but it actually worked! My agent teleported us to magic bean land, and I thanked him dearly. Then, I sprinted towards a box. A six-foot tall bean named Emilio greeted me, and I at his head off. He tasted good. All he needed was salt and maybe some special sauce, then he would've been perfect. I thought about my friend Emilio back at home, to didn't taste quite as good. Believe me, he doesn't taste good. Another bean named fred came up to me and told me that I was under- arrest for murder. Then, he placed hand-cuffs made out of pineapples on me, and I at them, along with his legs, so thet he couln't catch me again. I left him a gift, which happened to be  pineapple bomb. And he exploded into popcorn. I decided after 20 more attempted arrests, that magic bean land wasn't for me. I developed a ton of pinepple devices, and injected myself with magical pineapple-powers, and teleported to a desert. I walked, and walked, until I found a guy that looked as though he was about to pass-out from walking so far. I gave him a pineapple, and we continued on. I had to give him the heimlech twice during that afternoon, because he was so sick from walking, but I gave him a potion so that he wouldn't remember it. Then, I realized that he was really my brother, so I showed him my secret pineapple-stash, and devised a plan to get the evil doctor pineapple. We put on costumes, and took my pineacopter to San Francisco, where we saw a kid with a nerf gun arguing with the doctor. We saved the kid, but didn't manage to shut down the evil doctor pineapple.

TO BE CONTINUED...

7 comments:

  1. This is a really funny piece and I like how you wrote it so you were in your other story. Really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought this piece was really funny. Toward the end, it started to sound a lot like the Chronicles of the Pineapple. Is there somehow going to be a connection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to honestly say that this was really random with the changing animal and the pineapple handcuffs?? I think you really like pineapples...But this story was well-written and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story was really well written. You should really continue it so that there is more. You kind of left it hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the reason I left it hanging is because it is a prequel to The Chronicles of the Pineapple.
    You can read it at:
    http://thechroniclesofthepineapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you have an understanding of dialog, correctly written, go back and clean up the errors here. Also, look at the length of the paragraph that is out of control! Be sure you aren't getting into the habit of not critically analyzing your work before posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's um...... interesting. but it's funny too. and a bit weird. but not much.

    ReplyDelete