Wisconsin Badgers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ode to Snow

Author's Note: I see poetry as one of my writing weaknesses, so for my creative piece, I tried a poem.

My thoughts are filled with visions of  snow,
In tons and tons of flakes it blows,
It creeps in my shoes and frosts at my toes,
Oh boy, oh boy, I love it so,
It is much fun for me and my friends,
It seems as though the joy never ends,
How amazing it is how much fun you can send,
From a snowball toppling your friend end-over-end.
My neighbor comes out to see what's with the racket,
All bundled up in his snug little jacket,
We tell him it's nothing but a silly little war,
And he says he would play if not for his sore,
We bid him goodbye and continue our act,
Until eventually agreeing on a peace contract,
To no more snow wars, and no more pain,
Then we spin around in circles like weather vanes,
And land in the snow laughing with ice in our ears,
Oh snow, oh snow, please come back in future years.

5 comments:

  1. nice job I stink at poems so I commend you for trying one. It had good rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how it ryhmes well and flows nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very creative. It is great how you were able to come up with so many rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For poems being one of your weaknesses I really enjoyed reading it. I like how you put a lot of detail into it so that the reader can see this happening in their head. Very creative, and great job with coming up with all the rhymes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you put all the rhymes in there. This is a creative poem, you wrote it well.

    ReplyDelete